Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Knievel's Wild Ride journey is, in many ways, like ones we have taken.

On my last day of Daytona Bike Week 05 this year, I parked my new Big Inch Bikes - Saturday Night Special chopper at the Stock Exchange, was having dinner with a friend, and happened to run into Robbie Knievel (who, of course, has taken over, with his own unique style, from where his dad, Evel Knievel left off) "Americas Greatest Daredevil".

He was having dinner with his "crew" and we got a few minutes to chat afterwords. He told me about his upcoming A&E TV series premiering Tuesday April 5th at 10pm est on A&E called Knievel's Wild Ride ("Theirs is the road less traveled - a real-life and limb series...") and how in the first episode they are outnumbered in a bar fight ( a reality show I can't wait to see.) Most of the people shown on this website were there.

He also told me about the very radical and powerful new chopper he just built (which he was riding in Daytona) and how he was starting a chopper line of his own. Really cool guy.....very down to earth for the amount of time he spends leaping in the air.

His story reminds me so much of my own wild ride in the software business and the wild rides many of my friends, associates and clients have taken. Ours has also been the road less traveled and resulted in probably as many spills and thrills. It also reminded me that you constantly have to leverage what you have and reinvent yourself when the time calls for it.

But all of that, my friends, is what makes it worth doing.

Live free, ride hard !

No comments: